Sunday 18 May 2014

Using Different Materials To Build My Tripod Leg

Wooden trips stand-
When creating a tripod stand to support the crutches I found that it may not stand on certain floor surfaces. Also, I discovered that it depends in the shape of the bottom of where the legs meets contact with the floor, resulting in me changing shape and material.




Plastic tripod stand-
I decided to change the shape of my tripod legs from square to circle. This change highlights that the best shape to use is a circle shape as the crutch will stand more freely and be more sturdy. However, the material was weak (plastic). Concluding that the materials that I should use to create my final model will be metal for the third leg of my tripod stand, as it is strong and sturdy.



No comments:

Post a Comment