Wednesday 23 April 2014

Visiting a hospital

I visited a hospital in order to see equipment that was available for disabled people. However I was not allowed to take pictures as it would me violating patient privacy. I did get to look around at a number of equipment kept in hospitals, such as bed lifts, heart monitors, walking frames, food trays ect.

My mother recently has  appointment at her hospital Queens Square, to track her progress with the new drug Frampadine she was put on trail, it was to highlight if her speed of walking had improved. During this appointment I was no allowed to take images of my mother because it was in a public place with other patients. however, I did get to speak to her physiotherapist. She gave me a brief explanation on to why the hospital where giving only a limited number of patients the trail drug, this was due to funds. the NHS has not agreed to fund the drug, therefor it is privately given t patients. She also, explained to me that my mother walking had improved in speed from 2min in 2013 to 1min 6sec's in 2014, in a 25ft straight lined walk.

The reason for attending the appointment was to see how my mother used her crutches and to see how often she put them down. How she placed them down, and how many times it would fall.








No comments:

Post a Comment