Wednesday 23 April 2014

Observation Of My Client - Problems

After observing my mother trying to see how I could make something that would improve and help her in her daily routine I noticed that se found it difficult to take food in and out of the oven. This task involves a number of movements such as, being down to get the food, moving forward to get the tray. Lifting the tray up whilst pulling the tray out of the oven. As well as how heavy the tray is.

I also discovered that my mother finds it difficult to sweep the floors as well as making hot drinks, as it is difficult to hold the kettle, pour the hot water in the cup as well as balancing at the same time. When partaking in a task she has to always concentrate on balancing as well as the initials task she's proceeding.

Another difficulty I saw when observing my mother I noticed that she finds it hard to stand up and hang up the washing on a washing rack, due to her lack of balance'; as she always requires on holding onto things to regain balance.

The main issue my mother has, that we both discussed is the fact that she needs aids which is crutches to walk around outside of the home. however, when they left to stand alone they tend to keep falling over. As she has a lack of balance, she finds it difficult to bend down and pic them back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment