Thursday 5 December 2013

Creating a function for tissue

The two main ideas that I narrowed it down to was creating tissue into a object as well as giving the tissue a function. So I created a cushion made out of tissue. I then came to the conclusion that I needed to adapt my idea further as it needed to be a suitable product that could be used in the real world. I realised that a cushion made out of tissue was not suitable for a household as it would easily break. Therefor I had to research a number of soft materials, such as wool and cotton. As I developed my cushion I shortly realised that my idea is a common product that is frequently used around the world. I decided to think about my object and how I could adapt it into making it unique. So I went back and looked at my notes about why/how people use tissue in their everyday life. From that I realised that the main use of tissue was for absorbing liquid. For example whipping spillages as well as blowing your nose. So I can up with a concept which gave me the idea of converting my cushion into a cushion tissue dispenser. The idea behind came from I scenario I put together. A sick individual some who has a bad flu, who can't leave bed or the sofa. Their nose may run frequently, however they find it a hassle to keep getting out of bed/sofa to look for tissue. Therefor having a cushion tissue dispenser would make their life easier. So they no longer need 2 leave their bed/sofa to find tissue. They can just pull one out of their cushion.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment